Sat 23rd Feb 2019
10am – 5pm
Kingston upon Thames
In this fun and inspiring workshop, you will learn a number of mono print techniques on paper and/or fabric. You can work from your own images (photos and/or drawings) or from those provided for inspiration on the day. Emphasis is on experimenting to achieve a range of visual effects.
By the end of the day you will have:
– Learnt about materials and equipment required for monoprinting
– Studied a range of examples for inspiration and understanding
– Observed a number of demonstrations for inspiration and understanding
– Created a set of printed images to take home with you
– Understood health and safety issues when monoprinting
– Eaten a lot of home made (sometimes home grown!) food
– Received a set of technical handouts to support your day’s learning
The workshop is held in Ruth Blackford’s garden studio close to Richmond Park and Kingston town centre (exact address will be supplied after booking).
As a practising artist and designer for 30 years, Ruth has exhibited nationwide and worked commercially in the fields of illustration and textiles. She also has 26 years of experience teaching art, textiles and printmaking, ensuring a well-structured, well paced and inspiring workshop.
If you would like to arrange an alternative workshop date, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability.
Please note that 2 participants are required for this workshop to run.